Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to Work

Hello quilters!
I've got enough snow here in West Virginia for everybody!!! Great for working on my quilting but after 3 weeks I was ready to get back to work.
After my bus run I stopped by JoAnn's to check out their sale and come home with lots of goodies; notions,thread,glue sticks,and a really neat thingy that you can lay on a flat surface and iron on. It's kind of small and don't take up much space.( You should have seen what I was ironing on!) It's great for my little pieces for my quilt blocks.
Got my book from Crafters Choice about free motion quilting and It's great! Can't wait to try some of the techniques! (Love getting neat stuff in the mail) Still not smoking and enjoy my new singer. Just wanted to post something to feel like I'm still in the loop. Hope to hear from someone soon. Just to know I found you! Hugs!

9 comments:

  1. Hello! Welcome. It's great to see you here. I can take some of that snow off your hands, no worries! Don't you just love a sale? You certainly bagged some goodies. I tried free motion pebbles the other day - not perfect but it's a start. Keep away from the evil smokes - what about putting aside the money you used to spend on them for fabric or a pattern you've always wanted? Happy Stitching, Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! Enjoy your goodies and keep your hands too busy for the smokes :)
    -Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been found! Sounds like you've got a lot to try out...hope it keeps you smoke-free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found you, too! The sale sounds like fun, you got some good stuff. I like Ann's suggestion of putting the money you are saving by not smoking and using it for fabric! You can never have too much fabric and quilting keeps your hands busy! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you three! So glad to keep in touch with all the APQers. Good for you for keeping up the no smoking. Enjoy your goodies :) ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you here. I found you through another blog. By the way, I'm also in WV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the encourgement...no cigs here and I am putting all the cig money into my joann account and it's feels great!!!!! I fell into a site you probably already know about but wanted to share it's called everything quilts!!! Wow! they show some kits that are b e a u t i f u l!!!
    They have jelly rolls,and honey buns and fat quarters oh! my! I could surf the quilting land forever. (that will keep my hands busy too) So happy to see everyone. Want to post some pics soon to show progress on my falling leaves quilt top......maybe tomorrow....
    ~hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I found you thru another blog, sound like you had a good time shopping, I love going to a fabric shop! HAPPY BLOGGING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like the gang's almost all here! That's a GOOD thing! I don't envy you the snow; I had all I wanted here in Texas on Christmas Eve! Lovely, but kids couldn't get here --- Texans don't drive well in snow and ice!
    I'm looking forward to some pictures!
    ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete